Fat Kid has a new Suit
I’ve changed a lot since I began writing Fat Kid Suit almost a year and a half ago, and it’s time for this ungrateful blog to grow and change some too. Hello, it’s 2011.
For starters you’ll be reading about more than just raw food. But don’t worry, I’m fat again. So expect me to muster the courage to give raw another go with requisite candid field reports and embarrassing photos.
Food, Sex, and Self-Loathing
Having said that (props to Larry David & Jerry Seinfeld), my new tag line is “Food, Sex, and Self-Loathing.”
The tag line should also include the word “writing” in there somewhere, but maybe self-loathing sorta covers that? Several projects, including an unfinished screenplay that hates me for lacking drive and focus, need finishing. And doing that is going to take energy. Which I don’t have. So welcome to perhaps the first ever blog that explores the correlation of creative ups & downs with what goes in my mouth.
Some posts I may or may not write:
- I’m getting sick of opinions, especially mine. I want to share with you my recent attempts at going opinion-less.
- Here I am again. Fat, out of shape, and fairly disgusted with myself. What am I going to do about it?
- Low Fat Raw Vegan, AKA the “80-10-10 Diet.” Can I really just eat fruit?!
- Why cooked vegan just doesn’t work–for me.
- Channeling your desire for food back into what it really is, a desire for “Sexy Time!”
- Stories about Tijuana.
- Pictures of our adopted children, I mean chickens. Why something as seemingly ridiculous as a farm animal shelter makes more sense than I thought it did.
- Why it’s not called “Red Wine Dick” and other things that suck about whiskey.
If you are considering a serious go at raw foods please let me know! It doesn’t matter if you are considering a one week raw juice fast, or a longer commitment to vital eating, I am desperately seeking camaraderie and moral support! I’d also love to feature some other raw stories here.
I’m not sure why, but I am having an extremely tough time motivating myself to take my health seriously. I really miss the energy and overall good feeling I had when I ate raw. If you are in a similar place, let’s talk.
Thanks for checking out the new and improved Fat Kid Suit!