“Ringing” in the New Year by drinking, is at best strange, and at worst just stupid.
I was the guy dispensing the booze all last night, so I didn’t actually start drinking until after the party goers left the bar. And when I say “left” I mean grownups crying, cussing, and falling down on the way back to their cars or cabs…
Some highlights of my New Years Eve:
- A retarded crackhead couple (I’m not being funny–I’m serious) who snuck into the party just a few minutes before the ball dropped. Just in time for free bubbly and to have me take their photo with the woman’s camera phone–A picture I would kill to have!
- There was also a couple who reminded me of Sigfried & Roy–except they were straight. Picture a trailer park version of Fabio making out with a female version of Fabio who has enormous breasts. Which Fabio kinda has anyways…
- A woman in her seventies kept beckoning me over with her finger (not bending me over…beckoning…) and she would say things to me like, “You have the most beautiful eyes, can I stick a star on your face?” Wasn’t long before I had two or three big silver plastic stars stuck on my forehead and cheeks. There is probably some old guy writing a blog right now about how there was an idiot bartender at his New Year’s party that was trying to look like Paul Stanley from KISS.
- The piano player got so drunk from steady bourbon shots that at one point he just started screaming into the microphone “SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!…SLUTS! SLUTS! SLUTS!”
- One of the guys who played a bartender on “The Love Boat” was at my bar! Not Isaac, the white one. He ended up becoming an actual bartender. How weird is that…kinda like the “I play a Doctor on TV” thing.
So after all that, I had a couple shots of tequila myself, and they knocked me on my ASS! Damn my tolerance has lowered dramatically since I stopped being a drunk.
Today is day one of my 90 day natural fitness challenge!
Despite being slightly hungover, I accomplished my daily goal of doing some kind of intense exercise each & every day. Now I only have 89 days left to go!
So I will be doing at least a brief post every day where I will share what I ate, and what kind of intense exercise I did that day.
Once a month I’ll post pics, my weight, some measurements and other stats. The core of my regimen is going to be Bikram yoga and a diet high in raw foods (I’m shooting for somewhere around 2/3 of my diet being raw).
If you are curious, you can read more about the challenge here.
I am hoping this spreads and that many of you will want to join me. There aren’t a lot of rules, and it’s OK that you didn’t start right on January 1st. It’s meant to be personal, and customized to help each of us accomplish whatever we feel we need to.
For me, it’s getting ACTIVE as a person and rebuilding my body, which has become a shipwreck from years of not using it and even worse abusing it.
So far there are four of us who have started as of today:
- My brother Mike.
- My Aunt Carrie.
- And Annie!
In the next few days I will begin writing about each of them and what their goals are and what approach they are taking to get there. Each of them have also agreed to let me post their “before & after” pics as well as interesting stats at the 30, 60, and 90 day markers!
If this seems like it might be the right time for you to join in, please check out this page which has links for you to get in touch with me!!!
I wanted to start the year strong by spending the day outside and hiking through some breathtaking desert-scape! Annie and I spent three hours hiking in the famous Indian Canyons.
The first 90 minutes we pushed really hard (we were nearly trail running much of the way), and it was mostly up. My heart was tearing through my chest and my ass & thighs were really working it. Great hard core sweaty workout. Annie started overheating and taking her clothes off…
Then she passed out in a dry riverbed despite my warning her of the very real dangers of flash floods!
I let her sleep for about 15 minutes (she was up early this morning and already had done a 90 min Bikram yoga class!) and we slowed it down on the way back down so we could enjoy the views…
- Quart of water
- 2/3 of a pineapple & a banana
- Rigorous hike
- Ate 2 LARA bars while hiking and drank another quart of water.
- Fabulous Dinner at ACE hotel: Spicy re-fried beans, Cojita cream corn salad, Chilaquiles (they have the best I have EVER had), plenty of hot sauce & a cold Negro Modelo!
- My fave raw dessert, Earth Cafe’s cherry cheesecake, which I buy by the slice at the health food store and keep in my fridge for nights like this!
- Goal is to finish off a third quart of water before I go to sleep later…
Tomorrow is yoga at Bikram Yoga Palm Desert & a trip to the farmers market!!!