Hung out today by the beach in Santa Monica and Venice Beach. Gorgeous sunset, great people watching…and that’s all to be expected from this place…although it’s not every day you are sitting in a cool raw food restaurant where Harvey Keitel’s getting takeout!
I only have time for a super fast update since I am staying with a friend and minus my laptop. But let me say this…the raw food scene is insane here! When I get back to Palm Springs I will give a full report on the delicious stuff I ate here and the cool people I met.
It’s a crying shame I can’t stay longer and check out some of the other raw eateries…but I have a girlfriend with Midnight movie tickets for New Moon and, oh yeah *&^%$ work!
What I ate today:
- a big juicy pineapple (yup, a whole pineapple)
- carrot/apple/orange juice
- LARA bar
- drank the juice out of a coconut
- watermelon juice (JUICE PLACES EVERYWHERE HERE! COULDN’T RESIST!
- Sampled some raw ice cream
- A big messy raw burger called a “BIG MATT”
- Sun dried durian dipped in chocolate
Start planning your raw vacation to Santa Monica! You’re gonna wish your bags were already packed after you read about what I found here. Good thing I only live 2 hrs away! Good night. Details coming soon…