I wish I could say I was more excited about the radical weight loss I’ve experienced–7 lbs my first week eating only raw/live food–but I knew it would happen & wasn’t surprised when I got on the scale today.
Also today, well before I knew how much I had “lost”, I felt that moment where I turned a corner and was gaining from this in ways that feel even more rewarding than weight loss. For instance, everywhere I went today people smiled at me and said hello. No joke…EVERYWHERE. People at work and home are remarking on how “tuned-in” I seem, and how “present” I am. Apparently I’ve been away for awhile…
I also started off feeling kinda miserly about spending money on myself. That’s sad, huh? Being stingy with yourself. Today I felt like I deserved everything I bought at this cool little health food store / raw cafe I discovered in Palm Desert called Luscious Loraine’s. At this point it suddenly seems clear to me that investing in myself is tantamount and that the universe is only going to respond favorably to my doing that.
And remember, that 7 lbs was lost with almost no exercise. Like i said before, I’m really trying to learn how to let my body lead me for a change. So when I get that urge to start running or jumping or swimming or whatever; I’ll do it.
Tonight I took a brisk full moonlit walk and couldn’t believe the euphoria (I was singing “When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that’s…AMORE!”) surging through my veins. I don’t know if the change is this dramatic with others who stop eating cooked foods and begin feasting on nature’s super-foods? But for me it seems to get me on some kind of cellular-neural level…
What I ate today:
- Freshly juiced greens including Kale with lemon and apple and ginger–HARD CORE!
- Raw nori rolls with avocado, carrot, nut “cheese”, sprouts and tahini dressing (not that great)
- Watermelon Juice of course!
- Death by chocolate shake! Woke up from nap and knew exactly what I wanted…cacao powder, walnuts, hemp seeds, coconut oil, a banana, honey, water and ice…just before I finished blending I through in a chunk of pureraw chocolate I bought at the health food store earlier so it had chunks! Chocolate HIGH!
- Raw soup made of coconut and greens
- Apples with pecan butter!
Note: So, yeah, I think going cold turkey and doing it the way I’m doing it is a rough transition. And maybe it is better to ease into raw? But, that doesn’t work for me & when I’m ready to make the jump I’m ready. Also, I noticed that almost every blog or personal web story where some raw foodist gives that advice to start slow…THEY DIDN’T! They just did it. So my advice, do whichever is going to work for you.