Feel much better today. Woke up minus the headache and body stiffness but still have noticeable kidney pain. Also, my body temp feels lower, and I find myself taking a hot shower a couple times a day and wearing long sleeves and jeans for a change. I’m stoked to have one more day off to adjust to all this before having to get back to work Fri night. I currently work as a bartender and it takes a lot of patience, ability to remember, plain old labor, etc. So tomorrow night we’ll see how I function at work totally raw.
Cravings…pretty bad today…craving grilled ham n’ cheese sandwiches and marinated tri-tip steak….it’s difficult to imagine eating this way for more than a month or two…
I’m also allowing myself to be kinda boring for now with regards to food prep, and unique smoothies, etc. I want to get a little more into raw recipes, I especially want to learn how to make raw “chips” so I have crunchy salty snacks (I found a good recipe online for kale chips)! But I don’t have the money for a food dehydrator and need to take one baby step after the other for now.
I was spoiled when I did the raw thing in SF because there are SEVERAL amazing raw restaurants there, and raw food vendors at the huge farmers market’s that sell these amazing wraps and shakes and stuff. Here in Palm Springs…not so much.
Looking forward to that energy rush that comes with raw eating, but hasn’t happened yet. It actually feels like my body is telling me to chill and lay low–I’m sure after all the abuse I’ve subjected it to that it needs major cleansing.
What I ate today:
- Watermelon Juice (LOVE THIS STUFF!)
- Lot’s of h20 w/ lemon squeezed in it
- Huge combo salad: Spinach, lettuce, olives, red peppers, a whole avocado, black pepper, lemon, olive oil, topped with this incredible product called RAWMESEAN (walnuts, sea salt, nutritional yeast).
- A mango
- 2 sweet sexy pears! *&^% delicious these organic pairs
- Raw chocolate & almond butter
- A raw bar made with nuts and dates
- Some delicious figs I bought and ate while walking around the Thur nite Farmers Market
- My asian slaw salad again
- A real chocolate shake! Raw honey from farmers market, cacao powder, hemp seeds, almond butter, dates…insanely thick, creamy and delicious!
As you can see I’m eating a good amount. That’s really key with this way of eating. Eat what you want. DO NOT concern yourself with any of the following:
- Calories (all calories are not the same–no matter what they say)
- Carbs (raw honey is the food of the gods! real fruit sugar IS NOT the same as corn-syrup even though they are both “fructose.”
- Fat (your body thanks you for the olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, and nuts!)
- Percentages--forget it. Listen to your body, it will tell you what you need. Fershizzel my Nizzel.